North Florida Foot and Ankle Center has been closely monitoring information and recommendations from the CDC and the Florida Department of Health about the COVID-19, Coronavirus. Even before the outbreak, our medical staff already used standard infection control practices. By following current guidelines and recommendations, we have put extra protocols in place to reduce risk to our patients and medical staff members.
- We ask that any patient or family member, that displays symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, to reschedule appointments until they are free from symptoms for at least 24 hours. We ask this of our medical staff members as well.
- We are asking patients to cooperate in a rescheduling effort for non-emergency appointments.
- We are trying to limit the number of people in the office at this time. If you require a family member or friend to drive you, we ask that they wait in the car unless it is medically necessary for them to be present in the room.
- Medicare & some private insurances have changed requirements enabling greater access to TeleHealth. With this in mind, Dr. Amanda Bartell will be available via phone for certain consultations if needed.
CDC recommends taking everyday precautions to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19 and influenza, by doing the following:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
- Take care of your health overall. Staying current on your vaccinations, including flu vaccine, eating well and exercising all help your body stay resilient.
- Consult the CDC’s travel website for any travel advisories and steps to protect yourself if you plan to travel outside of the US.
For more information, check out the following:
- the CDC COVID-19 page.
- the CDC travel notice.
Amanda Bartell, DPM, FACFAS
Andrew Bartell, DPM